Trinity Parish's "Ten Percent Fund" is a fund, seeded by 10% of Trinity's 2010 operating expenses, that provides grants to help individual parishioners and the parish as a whole nurture spiritual growth through the service of others. The fund exists as an escrowed account of Trinity Parish's investment funds, and its maintenance and disbursement is overseen by the Trinity Parish vestry, the parish's governing body.
To be considered for a grant from the Ten Percent Fund, please fill out an application available on Sunday morning at Trinity Parish. Strong applications will do one or more of the following:
• Demonstrate evidence of a call from the Holy Spirit
• Help drive a cultural shift at Trinity, from looking inside to looking out
• Put Trinity parishioners in contact with those in need (the poor, outcast and powerless)
• Engage more than one Trinity parishioner
• Make a positive impact locally in our own neighborhood
• Encourage subsequent giving and sustained involvement from the parish.